The restoration will covered every corner of the gardens designed for Henry Stephens by Robert Marnock in the 1880’s. Key landscape features such as the pond, rockery and Bothy Garden have been sympathetically restored to their former glory, where possible key views have been re-established and vital repairs undertaken to walls, footpaths, gates and railings. An expanded playground has been developed and a new kiosk and disabled toilet provided in the dilapidated toilet block.
The project has breathed new life into the buildings within the gardens. The Water Tower will be repaired and a new café restaurant is opening within the stable block. The Old Coach House has also been converted for use as an activity and interpretation centre.
This is truly exciting time for Stephens House & Gardens and following our successful bid this project has made the Gardens an even better place to visit. Watch out for our exciting activity programme