It was 101 years ago, in 1918, that Stephens House & Gardens were gifted by Henry ‘Inky’ Stephens ‘for public use and enjoyment’. To mark our 100th year, we invited you to be part of 100 in 100. Please help us raise £100,000 to mark our 100th year to keep the house and gardens special for future generations.
Why we need your support
Unlike a public park, Stephens House & Gardens receives no regular financial support from the local authority.
We’re run by an independent charitable trust which raises all the funds needed to ensure that the house and gardens remain special for the thousands of people who enjoy them each year.
Our small staff team, with the help of dedicated volunteers, work year-round to care for the house and gardens.
Your donations are crucial – they allow us to repair the buildings, improve paths and access, and buy new equipment and plants.
Please show your support for 100 in 100 by:
- Naming a brick on our newly designated Centenary Wall.
- Holding your own fundraiser to help us reach our fundraising goal. Every £100 is a great help.
- Making a donation – either a one-off or regular donation.
- Becoming a Business Patron – show your support with our sponsor's logo.
- Spreading the word – hear our updates in the newsletter, on posters and at events. Tweet your support!